- Oversees the ongoing operations of all divisions in the company.
- Manages and directs the company toward its primary goals and objectives.
- Oversees employment decisions at the executive level of the company.
- Leads a team of executives to consider major decisions including acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, or large-scale expansion.
- Promotes communication and cooperation among divisions to create a spirit of unity in the organization.
- Works with the board of directors and other executives to establish short-term objectives and long-range goals, and related plans and policies.
- Presents regular reports on the status of the companys operations to the board of directors and to company staff.
- Oversees the organizations financial structure, ensuring adequate and sound funding for the mission and goals of the company.
- Reviews the financial results of all operations, comparing them with the companys objectives and taking appropriate measures to correct unsatisfactory performance and results.
- Ensures the companys compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards.
- Negotiates with other companies regarding actions such as mergers, acquisitions, or joint ventures.
- Serves as the companys representative to the board of directors, shareholders, employees, customers, the government, and the public.
- Performs other related duties to benefit the mission of the organization.
- Excellent managerial and financial skills and the ability to take leadership over any business operations area.
- Superlative communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate as a leader.
- Thorough understanding of management and financial practices in all areas and phases of business operations.
Education and Experience:
- Extensive professional experience in leadership roles.
- Education may vary; an advanced degree in business administration, finance, or law is preferred, but not required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate various departments of the organizations physical premises.